When you're recruiting in-demand candidates, first impressions can make or break the connection. That's why seasoned recruiters know that they need to make a good first impression with their candidate outreach message. But when the average candidate receives over 100 business emails every day, it's hard to stand out. That’s were the Wavely Chat really comes in handy.
Wavely Chat offers HR professionals and recruiters the chance to chat and prescreen before the initial first steps. Wavely is a communication-based platform. Messaging talent about the available open positions at your company will significantly impact the response rate of your job posting.
Here are a few things to keep in mind when sending your first message:
- Personalize the message: The most successful candidate outreach makes it very clear that you've reviewed the candidates resume and you're not just sending an email blast to random contacts.
- Keep it Relevant: Do a bit of reading up on the person, if they are new to the talent pool keep that in mind. If they have more experience, the message should reflect that experience.
- Keep Their Career Goals in mind: This initial message isn’t really about you, it’s about the person on the other end of the Wavely Chat, keep their goal in mind.
Example of a great first message:
Based on your years of experience with full stack development, you seem like a great candidate for these opportunities, and I'd love to tell you more about them, and see if they align with your career aspirations.
Let's schedule a quick call to discuss. What time works best for you?
Thanks, and looking forward to connecting with you.
How to Send a Message with Wavely Chat
Sending a Wavely Chat is as simple as logging into your Wavely Account. On every Talent Profile you will see a Chat button, on the Find Talent tab it’s on the bottom right corner of their Talent Card and on their Talent Profile.
But that’s not the only way to use the chat function, you will also get chats that you can view just on the right side of your screen when you log into your Employer Account. These chats are initiated by the Talent first to grab your attention. When you click on one of them you will be pulled into the Candidates tab.
You can also chat with Talent on Wavely on the Dashboard and Find Talent pages by clicking the two arrows on the right side of the screen.
How to Organize Your Wavely Chats
There so many ways to start that first conversation using the Wavely Platform. You can even pin specific chats that you’d like to keep an eye on. At the top left corner of the Candidates page you can see who has contacted you about any open position or a specific one you have listed.
Under that, there are specific views for the candidates that you have chats with.
- All Talent: every person that has a chat with you concerning any position in your company
- Approached: candidates message you first
- Resume Acquired: where after each party has talk to each other a resume has been sent by
- Shortlisted: these are candidates that you have starred on your end to keep an eye on
- Unsuitable: candidates that you passed on in chat that you deem not fit for a position
Use Wavely Chat to reach out, stay organized, and make connections as you grow your company.