Let's talk about job descriptions and how breaking the cookie-cutter templates can be good!
-Breaking out of the everyday habits of copying and pasting the standard HR job descriptions can attract talent and candidates with a more creative mindset. Today's job markets are a talent-driven market that requires employers such as yourself to get creative with pitching your roles to candidates and talent. Here are a few ways to reimagine how you present your roles and company:
- Sell your company and the perks:
- One of the main things that get overlooked when attracting talent during the hiring process is your company's perks! Perks that are not so common include work attire, work environment, diversity, and inclusion. Showcase what sets you apart from the competition you have and why working for you should mean something.
- Selling your companies opportunities for growth, mentorships, and the ability for on-the-job training. These areas can easily be overlooked but can have the highest impact on employee retention and work ethic. Many companies will just use blanket phrases to showcase this but use specific examples and actual timelines for growth.
- Have a clear vision of your needs for the role...not just the hard skills.
- Have an idea of what your ideal candidate looks like and think about how a job description would best suit that particular type of candidate. Will it use a different language than a standard cut and dry description? What about the format of the post?
- Include a personality test as a part of the job description to filter out who is the best fit for the role.
- When in doubt send a chat! The perfect solution for finding a perfect fit is simply having a conversation. The best part about Wavely is the ability to have a conversation instantly within our app.
With some of these ideas in mind, reimagining your job post may be a bit more inviting to some talent who are the right fit. Find the right fit the first time just by thinking outside the "box" that is the job description.