Wavely is a platform for people to connect, discuss, and find job opportunities. Diversity and inclusion make our community strong. We encourage participation from the most varied and diverse backgrounds possible and want to be very clear about where we stand. While using our app, please keep in mind the following guidelines.
We strive to keep a safe, helpful and friendly community for everyone, regardless of experience, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, disability, personal appearance, body size, race, ethnicity, age, religion, nationality, or other defining characteristic.
This code and related procedures apply to unacceptable behavior occurring in all venues, including behavior outside the scope of app activities — online and in-person— as well as in all one-on-one communications, and anywhere such behavior has the potential to adversely affect the safety and well-being of our users.
Abusive Behavior will not be tolerated.
- Do not engage in targeted harassment of anyone including intimidation.
Personal harassment is any conduct, verbal or physical, that is discriminatory in nature, based upon another person’s race, color, ancestry, place of origin, political beliefs, religion, marital status, physical or mental disability, sex, age or sexual orientation. Personal harassment includes, but is not limited to: discriminatory, or other behavior, directed at an individual, that is unwanted or unwelcome and causes substantial distress in that individual and serves no legitimate Wavely-related purpose.
- Do not direct unwanted sexual advances, actions, or languages to someone by sending sexual content, objectifying them, or otherwise engaging in sexual misconduct.
- Hateful imagery or symbols in your profile image or name are not allowed. This includes expressing hate towards a person or group.
Violence or Physical Harm will not be tolerated.
- Do not make specific threats of violence or wish for serious harm or death of an individual.
Lewd or inappropriate content will not be tolerated.
- Adult content such as pornographic images will lead to the banning of your account on Wavely.
Graphic violence or gory media is prohibited. This includes images of serious injury, death, or surgical procedures.
Unlawful use will not be tolerated.
- Do not use Wavely for any unlawful purpose or illegal activities. By using Wavely, you are complying with all applicable laws governing your online conduct and content.
Solicitation of personal data and funds are prohibited.
- Do not use Wavely for soliciting contributions for any purpose, including trading information for currency or similar resources. Requesting additional personal information that is not included in a public profile.
Spam will not be tolerated.
- Do not use our services for the purpose of spamming. This includes bulk or aggressive activity that disrupts the experience of users on Wavely by directing attention to unrelated accounts, products, services, or initiatives.
If you have any have any questions, concerns, or thoughts on what we can do better, message us here in this channel and we’ll respond as soon as we can.
- A violation of these terms may result in us taking enforcement actions. For example, we may limit the visibility of certain content, remove content from our Site or App, or even restrict your Account in the event of severe or repeated offenses. If you believe action taken on your content or your Account was in error, you can submit a request to appeal your case by emailing us at email@example.com.
In addition, when you use the Services, we encourage you to:
- If you see something that you believe may violate our policies, we encourage you to report it to us by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org. This includes whether it appears in profiles, posts, comments, conversations, or anywhere else. These reports help us identify and prevent abuse and misbehavior. Please use the reporting tools responsibly and only for their intended purposes.
- We acknowledge the value of discussions around professional activities, and we ask you to behave professionally and use the Services in a professional manner to help all users be more productive and successful and are free of inappropriate and unwanted content or behavior. When creating content, we ask that you keep it professional, relevant, truthful, and on-topic.
- We strive to maintain a civil and friendly community for our users. The Services should not be used to harm others or their careers or business prospects or to air personal grievances and disputes. It is not okay to harass, abuse, or send other unwelcome communications to people (e.g., romantic advances, sexually explicit content, junk mail, spam, chain letters, phishing schemes). We do not allow hate speech, hate groups, terrorists, or those who engage in violent crimes on the Services.
Respect others’ rights and follow the law.
- Before sharing or using someone else’s copyrighted works, trademarks, private information, or trade secrets, make sure you have the legal right to do so.
Exercise common sense and good judgment.
- This applies when using our Services and interacting with other users, both through the Services and in any offline arrangements or settings.